06 Oct DBT One Day Intensive Focused Advanced Training
Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) One Day Intensive Advanced Training for Practitioners who want more focussed approaches in Individual DBT Therapy Sessions
*Prior training in DBT, or well versed in practicing and teaching DBT to clients, is required to attend this one day advanced course.
Your facilitator is Megan Shiell who was trained in 2008 by Prof. Marsha Linehan’s trainers in ‘Comprehensive DBT’. Megan has worked as a DBT Consultant for many years, developing many programs for health care organizations around Australia. She has conducted many skills training groups herself and has also been a DBT Individual Therapist for the past 13 years both in institutions and in private practice.
Over the last 9 years Megan has moved into training and has now trained around 2000 Clinicians. Megan is a Level 4 Counsellor and a registered Art Psychotherapist. She includes in the training one art exercise which is paired with one of the DBT Skills. (No artistic talent required) Megan likes to show participants of her trainings how creativity can be a useful tool alongside DBT Skills.
Megan has also trained many mental health agencies and NGO’s looking after clients of all ages with mental health issues. Training can be tailored to specific region’s needs and information on how to set up a DBT program including Therapists Consult groups.
This One Day Intensive for practitioners already using DBT includes:
- Setting up and maintaining a good relationship with clients using the DBT approaches
- Setting up and maintaining structure and learning opportunities in skills training groups
- Advice on containment and agreements in DBT
- Role Plays on how to set up and use the Hierarchy of Targets and Diary Card
- Understanding Therapy Interfering behaviours of both clients and therapists
- How to explain and conduct phone coaching
- How to simplify diary cards and chain analysis
- How to keep a client in DBT – pros and cons
- Concentration on the relevant skill for the relevant issue
- The best five quick DBT skills
- Case Management
Megan Shiell Grad Dip Ex.Th, M.A AThr – Dialectical Behaviour Therapist
10.00am to 3.00pm
$255 inc $25 GST
ONE DAY INTENSIVE LIVE WEBINAR TRAINING